• Over 200 pages covering 127 species
• Tips and Tidbits picked up along the way
• Photographs of individual species
• A Tropical Gallery of finished bonsai from various bonsai artists from South Florida
• Appendices with articles covering repotting, watering, and many more topics.
These Green Sheets are not only great for beginners but also for those acquiring new trees and need basic care guidelines.
All the basics are covered. This is not a design book but a care guide. In addition to the Green Sheets are articles submitted by James Smith, Carolyn Carver, Dick Miller and many more covering a wide area of topics from choosing the correct pot to how to repot. Scattered throughout the manual are various Tips and Tidbits, those bits of bonsai wisdom picked up along the way.
The biggest plus of this manual is the immense number of color photographs representing the various species and examples of style. Through the generous donations of some of Florida’s most outstanding bonsaiists, a Gallery of Trees is also included with photographs of finished tropical bonsai.